To be given Designated Contact (read-write) access permissions, contacts must meet these requirements:
1. By becoming a Designated Contact, you acknowledge that you understand the Terms
and Conditions for the Customer Care Website and My Support. You can review the current Terms at any
2. You must provide a corporate email address that is assigned to you individually.
Personal email addresses and email aliases are not accepted as the main communication address.
3. You must have access to Genesys Customer Care My Support, and agree to receive
notices on My Support.
4. You are expected to be trained on the products for which you open Cases.
5. You must work for the Support Owner or have approval from the Support Owner.
Employees of the End User for this maintenance agreement cannot be Designated Contacts unless the End
User is a division or subsidiary of the Sold To, or the End User has a direct maintenance agreement
with Genesys (and is also the Sold To).
6. If all Service Contracts are terminated or closed for all Sold To and End User
combinations for which you have access as a Designated Contact, you will lose Designated Contact
access. Please see the
Customer Care Terms and Conditions for more
information on why a contact may lose Designated Contact access.
Other employees of the Sold To and End User companies on a Service Contract can be granted read-only
access to the Cases for that contract. These contacts are not considered Designated Contacts.